Ammonia dosage?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What does that look like to anyone?

Attachments

• image-3948103352.jpg
    image-3948103352.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 41
So I did another water change about 25%. One on the right is before one on the left is after. To me it looks like I'm close enough to 4ppm now. What should I do. Add little ammonia or little water change?

Attachments

• image-1002505344.jpg
    image-1002505344.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3095234829.jpg
    image-3095234829.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 43
jlk said:
If its sitting at @4ppm right now, leave it be- your fine! Now, just have some patience!

That's the thing can't really tell if it is or not. :(

In the pic, it looks to be right around 4ppm (last pic). Your fine! And your ph is fine as well. Just keep an eye on everything (incl ph) for changes and have some patience! :)

jlk said:
In the pic, it looks to be right around 4ppm (last pic). Your fine! And your ph is fine as well. Just keep an eye on everything (incl ph) for changes and have some patience! :)

Ok I'm finally done with everything. Now comes the waiting process. So next why I'm looking for is my ammonia to start dropping. And once it gets around .25ppm I dose again to 4ppm? That sound right?

Your pH looks fine, leave it as is. I had asked before, what kind of substrate are you using? A pH of 8 is okay if you are going to have African Cichlids otherwise it is high for tropicals. What us the pH out of the tap? You can worry about that later but I fear your pH might crash during your cycling. As JLK said jeep an eye out on ammonia, pH, and Nitrites.

I am using pea size gravel. And I will re test the ph and high ph tomorrow, including tap and water. And I am looking to have some tropical fish. What should the ph be around for them and how do I lower ph of needed?

Dont worry about your ph right now. Honestly, unless your planning on keeping something sensitive or difficult, most fish can adapt to a variety of phs as long as they are properly acclimated.

Ok thanks for the help. I would be lost without the people on this site. I will be starting up a cycling thread tomorrow where I will post everything from now on. I hope you guys/gals follow that one because I'll be needing the help. I'll post on this thread when I make the other. Thanks for everything! :) :)

Back
Top Bottom