Amphilophus labiatus compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have had 2 f1 RD's for quite some time now. The male 8" has been separated for a while because of his aggression. The other 5" I just found out was a female today because she laid eggs. My question is will a pair bother a couple geophagus and some plecos? I'm mostly talking about breeding time. I would like to keep them all in a 100g.

-Colin

They can be very aggressive and a pair should probably be in minimum of 125 gallons. I would be worried about any other fish in the tank. Lots of sight breaks and caves could help but they could get aggressive and want to expand their territory at anytime. They can get up to 15" long and attain that size in about 3 years, but I believe they could spawn around 6 months old.

They will destroy the geophagus and pluck the eyes out of the pleco's. I wouldn't try it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha we'll ok mike

-Colin

I hope that was just another typical case of 'can't hear emotion in voice via keyboard' and not you actually being rude, at least from what it looked it to me?
He was definitely serious and (again if you didn't mean it to sound rude then ignore) that advice should definitely be taken.
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No not being rude at all, just thought the comment was funny, sorry it came off that way. I appreciate all the responses.

-Colin

No not being rude at all, just thought the comment was funny, sorry it came off that way. I appreciate all the responses.

-Colin

That's what I was hoping! Sometimes keyboard talk can be deceiving :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom