Amphilophus lyonsi video update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm a little late with an up date for anyone that was following his progress.
Just fed him and he's looking for more. starting to see some pink in the fins.
I picked him up on nov 7th at about 2" and about 3.5" now. It took almost 2 months to get him to take pellets eagerly. Now he wolfs them down like their his favorite. I'm posting vids because he wont stay still for nothing and I need a good camera.

He looks awesome Mike! Shaping up to be a perfect wet pet!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mike he does look awesome! Getting a little gut on him, maybe get him some friends to chase to get some exercise :lol:

Haha yea he just ate and will be dumping it on the sand with in the hour.......LOL

This guy wont stand still! 4 best pics out of over 50 taken.

img_3146027_0_5e61f5f29fb86365875e340a64e97a67.jpg

img_3146027_1_5f6197ca1db3c0e5b4f22ad3507e72ff.jpg

img_3146027_2_1007f2dfbef59e11869dc55958981b05.jpg

img_3146027_3_856a91ad4411522bb74c22f9bf653d7d.jpg

Vertical banding is strong with this one. Predatory distracting eye on the tail had me confused too... i thought your fish was swimming backwards:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lookin good Mike! He's grown a lot!

Thanks man! He's starting to get some vertical growth now too. Its hard to see in the video but the blues on the sides are starting to show along with the orangeish / pink on the fins.

Now this one on the other hand needs a girlfriend!!!

This comment made me start laughing while in my complete animal control uniform while riding the metro system into work. Well played sir, I'm getting some weird looks!

He's been a little shy the last couple weeks. Not sure why. May have to add some dithers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Or go get another 5-6 and wait until a pair develops?

Don't really have enough space for a big enough tank for a pair. Was thinking maybe 2 male and 4 female sword tails. I'm guessing they would eventually become a late night snack.

Like a scared freshman on the first day of high school to that bad.. senior leaning on his dad's Monte Carlo in the parking lot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom