An Ich Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saa5886

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, they all survived last night! My mind was blown when I awoke this morning to all-living fishies! Looks like the meds and salt are working great! It even looks like some of the Ich is starting to disappear!
My pregnant Molly is looking better than ever, but I have no idea where to move her to (to prepare for birth)...I've used up every container I have on QT! lol... oh gosh
Well, there are three days left of meds...I may go buy more just in case..:cool:

I was able to find a plastic container to put her in...i boiled it to make sure it was totally clean before-so.
I added some fake plants (boiled too) so the babies can hide. Lets hope we see some fry in the next coupe of days!

As for the fry, since she is sick, I assume they will be too... so I'll treat them as well. :)

Try to find out if a full dose of meds will be okay for the babies, or find a different container for them. If you are able to remove them from that tank, the ich won't attach onto them. :)

even if their mom has ich? so if she gives birth and i remove her quickly theyll be ok? I mean, I'd keep a close eye out but you know...

do you think it would be a good idea to change out the water after she gives birth to ensure nothing fell off her onto the floor of the container?

Fry need frequent water changes. However, they will benefit from heat and salt immensely. Mollies really love salt :)

Day 4 Update...

Welp.... its day 4 of meds and they are all looking fantastic. There are only a couple tiny ich spots on my silver molly, which im sure will clear up into tonight. Then I have one more round ill give them after 24 hours.
I have also been treating my black molly in a separate tank just in case...can never be too safe. I'm thinking ill go ahead and move him back into the main tank after treatment is over.
As for the molly fry that was "sich", she/he is looking much better now as well. I see no ich on it at all....although i will continue treatment for him/her as well... and I think I'll keep her separate from the healthy fry for a while.:cat:

Good idea! Yeah, use the full amount of meds as indicated on the bottle so you won't have another outbreak of ich in a week, that would be bad. Make sure you give them a pwc when you are done treating. You will also need new carbon in the filter to remove all of the meds. :)

Back
Top Bottom