Anacharis question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of the stems of my Anacharis is close to my syphon on my HOB filter an keeps sticking to it. I'd hate to move it because it has anchored itself. Will it hurt the plant eventually? Should I move it since it's occluding part of my syphon? I'll get a pic.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 1429469453015.jpg
    1429469453015.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 51
Just clip it shorter and move the cutting to new location(2 plants from 1).
You will have to cut it eventually.
I had 6' long strands in my 180g!

Anarchis is not picky. Just get a big hand under it and lift slowly so you don't break the roots and move it. I had to move some plants because of this.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Anarchis is not picky. Just get a big hand under it and lift slowly so you don't break the roots and move it. I had to move some plants because of this.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Hmm I was thinking that, but my tank is 24" high. I'm 5' 2" and my whole tank comes to about the top of my head. Even getting on the top step of my step stool I have a hard time reaching the bottom. My husband is 6' 2" but his hands are huge and he may disrupt the surrounding plants. What to do?

Find a bigger ladder? See if your fish accept you as one of their own and school with you? Get creative lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Find a bigger ladder? See if your fish accept you as one of their own and school with you? Get creative lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Haha, I just have to get some scuba gear first.

Back
Top Bottom