Anarchis leaves clogging up filter.. daily

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok, i bought some more anarchis so i could line the back of my aquarium with it, and every day the intake to my Aquaclear HOB filter is full of little tiny anarchis leaves. It doesnt really interfere with the flow, i just turn off the filter, net out the debree and turn it back on. I think some of the fish i have might be biting off the leaves of the anarchis but ive never had this problem before. Not since i got rid of my rosy barbs. any ideas why? TIA

I bought some a couple weeks ago and mine was doing the same thing... and my gravel is filled with it around where i planted it. I think its just damaged and dying leaves that are falling off, but i am not sure. Mine either get sucked up or fall down after awhile.

I left them in bunches of 3 with a little rubber band around hte bottom because other wise they always come up rooted, this way, i haven't had any come uprooted ,but the rubber band is under the gravel so i don't see how that could cause the leaves to fall off.
I guess it is prabably just dying leaves because i didn't see any more today.

Back
Top Bottom