Anchor Worm Treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello I have a stock tank in my house that I keep my pond fish in. I had a KOI with Anchor Worm that I noticed why he was in there in "QT" prior to being put into the pond. I got rid of the KOI so the tank is empty. The issue is I need to bring my fish in soon as its getting colder here. How can I treat the tank?

I have researched online however I cant find anything about treating an empty tank. I dont want to use copper and I cant find a good source for the life cycle of anchor worm. Some say 25days some say 60 days. What can I treat the tank with to speed this up? I dont have 60days left before bringing my koi and goldfish inside

Are you trying to keep the tank cycled while dis infecting?
Potassium Permaganate would work IMO..
stronger then usual mix?
This link says it dies when exposed to air for 24hours?
Dry out the tank???

Koi disease & treatments

Couldn't I just raise salt levels? Will this cause the tank to be recycled? Says they die at 1.8% salt solutions.

IMO if you salted at 1.8% for an hour even (link said 20 minutes kills it?)and then made large water change BB should survive(maybe injured,but not dead).
Longer exposure to salt may kill the BB as they are different depending on salt content.
Just using reason no knowledge base this specifically.

I took the statement in link to imply salt will kill all stages of the worm.
To me it makes sense with dehydration working to kill and osmoregulation with more salt will also dehydrate the worm..

Back
Top Bottom