anchoring plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 15g tank with i beleive Brazilian elodia or another form of elodia and im havein trouble getting it to stay in the gravel they all keep falling out and i need to reach in and shove them back into the gravel any help or suggestions?

I see you also have a HOB filter in that picture, how close is your tank's water level to the output of your filter?

If the water coming out of your filter is pouring a good distance into your tank, that "pouring force" can created a downward flow that looks like it is pushing your plants down. If you raise your tank's total water level to be closer to the output of the filter, there will be less downward flow, and your plants won't look like they're being constantly pushed down.

Vircomore said:
I see you also have a HOB filter in that picture, how close is your tank's water level to the output of your filter?

If the water coming out of your filter is pouring a good distance into your tank, that "pouring force" can created a downward flow that looks like it is pushing your plants down. If you raise your tank's total water level to be closer to the output of the filter, there will be less downward flow, and your plants won't look like they're being constantly pushed down.

the water level is hitting the bottom lip of both hob filters theres no gap bewteen the water flowing in and the water level

BigJim said:
Try using plant weights like these: Blue Ribbon Plant Sinker Weights Aquarium Plants

It'll keep the plants at the bottom and give them a chance to root. If one of the weights isn't enough, attach a fishing split-shot weight to the plant weight.

when i bought them they came in a big bushel with a lead weiight ii seperated the bushel obv. but when the lead weight was on plant parts under the weight died and also plant parts under the gravel some times start dieing they grow at a greater rate than decay but iis there any way to prevent this

The trick is to wrap the weight as loosely as possible. I try to wrap it just tightly enough to keep the stems down. I'd rather have to rewrap it than kill the plants.

Back
Top Bottom