And suddenly.. BABIES.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CandyHouze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My minnows have been quite a handful in the last two months. My biggest one Joanie got pregnant a second time weeks after the baby minnow massacre (only one survived.)
I wasn't prepared, I didn't know she spawned live @U@;;;;; But she did, Monday night she was fat and I get home from school Tuesday night and FISH EVERYWHERE!!

So I have a little colony of about 30ish babies I'm moving into their very own 10 gallon tank today! Que Sera Sera for now xD It's been 3 days and none of them have died yet! They're all perfect! Except for one I named "Nemo," his tail fin didn't come out quite right <:) BUT He's still alive!

So anyway yeah, my first (successful) breeding experience!!

That is awesome and wicked that you have a Nemo now. Just remember the rest of them will be called Joanie jr.

Everything is going great with the babies! They seem to really enjoy the 10 gallon tank all to themselves, I haven't gotten the chance to count them but the numbers still seem pretty high so I don't suspect I've lost many (maybe not any but I can't be sure). They're very active and don't hide behind the plastic plants or anything when I come up to say hi. They seem to be growing at different rates (some are a little smaller) but I feed them plenty and they all appear to be in good health :D
Mama fish is doing well too, not surprisingly. A little too well. The boy minnows will not stop pursuing her, and I suspect she might be pregnant a third time!! I plan on safely taking her back to the pond I got her from actually <:) I don't have room for anymore babies! x3

That sounds great! Sounds like she's a babe lol. She would feel so sad if you put her back in the pond :bawl:. Haha. Maybe move her with a few babies to another tank away from the males? I hope everything keeps going fine! :p

Back
Top Bottom