andrews 20 g reef transition build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nice, is it going to be a nano reef? mine is just about done cycling, my ammonia drops in about 8-10 hours but I'm still showing 2 ppm nitrites

Yea I'm going reef with it lps some nems don't know what fishes yet. I'm using water from my DT to push it along. Had the tank running with saltwater for a few months just added sand and one rock going to get some cured rock later on. Got some rock in the filter also will add some green from my refugium later after cloud goes away.

Yea I'm going reef with it lps some nems don't know what fishes yet. I'm using water from my DT to push it along. Had the tank running with saltwater for a few months just added sand and one rock going to get some cured rock later on. Got some rock in the filter also will add some green from my refugium later after cloud goes away.

awesome, i think I'm going to go with all medium light zoas polys and a few mushrooms. then in november im buying a tank from my dad, you can see it on the first page of this thread, and that tank will be lps sps and anemone. I'm going with bridgelux 120w dimmables, i just ordered one, and if I'm satisfied with them i will get two more for the 75. you should do a build thread!!

okay so as suggested i rearranged my rock, to make more caves and less dead spots. what do you guys think? my bridgelux dimmable LEDs will be here on the 18th
img_2652032_0_50c10d197097fe39e3a36e09639927ca.jpg

So if you do water changes you dont need a skimmer?

I am working on a 40gal breeder reef tank. I have a canister filter. need to get the LED lights, live rock and substrait

With the small tanks like the twenty gallons. I will not be using a skimmer on mine just water changes once a week. With a 40 I think you will need a skimmer. I was going to go with a 40b since petco had them on sale but did not want to use a skimmer so I stuck with the twenty. Canister filters are not good for reef tanks unless you plan on cleaning the filter every week they lock in a lot of nitrates in that canister.

what size quarantine tank do you have and do you put anything in there except the fish and sw?

i have two clowns in a 10 gallon qt with a heater, powerhead, filter and light. you can either put some seeded material in, and have to do less water changes. or just instantly set up the tank and keep checking the ammonia levels

And why would you not want to take wast out of your water? To make things suffer??
Plus it's a great sours of aeration for any size tank

Who said I did not want to take them out. Nothing will suffer with water change one a week in a 20g the tank will have aeration don't need a skimmer for that. Also the water changes will handle the waste also the filter is rated more than double the tank will also handle it. And who said I don't want to take out the waste ?

Who said I did not want to take them out. Nothing will suffer with water change one a week in a 20g the tank will have aeration don't need a skimmer for that. Also the water changes will handle the waste also the filter is rated more than double the tank will also handle it. And who said I don't want to take out the waste ?

So your filters that hold on to your waste you consider gone? Wow
And a water change can be very stressful if you don't have a sump with ato. Especially for corals!
The skimmer will take all your waist out without a water change, big diff

I will not be using a skimmer. This is not my first ride bro tank and corals will be great I'm not keeping sps in this tank and water changes will not stress the tank and the filter will do it's job it will also be a small refugium in the filter everything will be ok will keep you updated going and get some rock now.

I will not be using a skimmer. This is not my first ride bro tank and corals will be great I'm not keeping sps in this tank and water changes will not stress the tank and the filter will do it's job it will also be a small refugium in the filter everything will be ok will keep you updated going and get some rock now.

So you have a sump. No water changes won't be stressful than. But a skimmer will get rid of most of the stuff your filter will catch, meaning your filters will last longer and your water quality will be better, that's all :)

Back
Top Bottom