Andrew's 20g Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok time for an update!

Everything is going good so far, although I did notice some hair algae growing on the paly frag.. Ugh, after doing some reading online though I decided to do a 4:1 tank water to hydrogen peroxide dip.. Just did it about an hour ago and the polyps are starting to open back up.. Hopefully the hair algae will be gone by tomorrow.

Stopped by a LFS a couple of days ago and picked up 10 lbs of dry rock which brings my total to right about 20 lbs for the tank. Picked up a purple dottyback as well to add a little movement to the tank! Obviously a shy little guy so I just see him flashing around mostly, but still fun, and ads a color that I haven't had in my tanks so far.

Other addition about a week ago was a Sunsun power head rated at 800GPH. I got it off of ebay for $18. Overall I am pleased with the flow it provides, but it is pretty bulking for such a small tank, plus it keeps blowing the sand on the left side of the tank around and makes a big hole.. I moved the rock around though to hopefully deter that until I can get the smalled korallia pump to put on the other side.

Very pleased with the PAR30 bulb so far! The candy cane is loving them! It has opened up twice the size since the LFS which was under a 4 bulb t5 fixture! Very happy with them, but it would be nice if I had a little more control over them =\ Oh well though.

I forgot to mention in my original post, but I am running a eheim canister filter (sigh.. nitrate factory) it really is my only form of filtration, other than the ball of chaeto I have in the tank. I was thinking about taking one of the chambers of bio media out and replacing it with chemipure elite or purigen.. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

FTS, unhappy paly and then the happy candycane! The candy cane actually looks a lot bigger than it does in the picture.. Thanks iPhone..

Attachments

• image-2332072353.jpg
    image-2332072353.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4063669140.jpg
    image-4063669140.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1646304190.jpg
    image-1646304190.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom