Anemone acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blondek727

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a BTA 8 days ago I placed it in a spot I thought it would like but of course it moved like anemones do. But now all it does is hid when the lights come on and will only move at night when the lights are off is he still acclamating or should I worry. Every morning he's in a new spot so I guess he's still lookin for a nice place to stay for good I'm just concerned he's not gettin any light.

Hopefully this anemone isn't in the 10g tank in your "My Tanks" link.
How long has the tank been running and what size is it if not the 10g? What kind of lighting do you have? Can you post some water parameters?

No this anemone is in a 40g breeder with a 10g sump with 192w pc lighting. Water parameters are: ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrite 0, ph 8.2, watertemp 77.2, the lights are on 12 cycles turning on at 8 and off at 8. I have mushroom corals and pulsing xenia in the tank that r doing awsome I feed the anemone every 3 days and iv had it for a little over a week. The tank is still a little new it's been running for 83 days today. I am having a little bit of an hair algae problem but I'm almost positive it's from the lights being on for 12 hours a day and I'm a little short on clean up crew ( need more snails and crabs ) oh and there's a huge starry blenny and a skunk shrimp in the tank with the anemone but nuthin else

Mine did that for about a month. He looked like he was going to die but eventually settled at the top of some live rock. He is now over six months old so hopefully yours will find his way.

Back
Top Bottom