Anemone Crabs and Comensal Shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrik

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to a new LFS today and saw two coolest things: anemone crab and comensal shrimp (comensal right? i don't remember). Are they reef safe? I like the anemone crab more and would like to purchase it. It was on a green carpet at the store. Would it be OK with my BTA? In a book that i read, it says that these crabs are harmless filter feeders but i didn't want to buy it before i get advices from this forum :).

Thanks

I have an anemone crab. He is a calm little fella. I don't think my long tent. anemone appreciated him too much always being attached to the base of him though. Also, Do you have any clowns hosting the anemone? My clown didnt like the crab at all.
Thay are a beautiful crab and really dont bother anyone. But the anemone (maybe) and the clown.
I recommend them as long as the anemone is into it!
Hope this helps

I have 2 clowns but they havn't host my BTA yet. Would this crab prevent my clowns from hosting? or would my clowns kill it when they decide to take over the BTA? At the store i saw the crab on the anem that was hosted by a perc clown. They didn't seem to be fighting at all. Is there a possibility of clowns and anem crabs sharing a BTA? thanks for the advices

Im sure they could host together...I just didnt get lucky I guess...Im very sure noone would get killed over it...I just ended up removing the anemone crab to my nano..

I don't know what to do lol. I don't want the crab to die when my clowns decide to host :(. Ill wait til other ppls with anem crabs and clowns in their tank to chime in. Thanks for ur advice dave

I believe the crab will be fed to the carpet by the clowns....I read somewhere that there will more than likely be a battle and the crab will end up losing....

Back
Top Bottom