Anemone food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of anemone? What all are you feeding the tank?

I fed mine NLS pellets. Large meaty foods like shrimp, scallops, etc. are great too, but it really depends on the type of anemone.

It is also fine to not feed them. IMO and IME they get all they need from the lighting and water column. I had one for yrs and never fed it. As a matter of fact I have never target fed my tank except for some orange sun polyps that cant make it on just the lighting and water column.

I agree with Mike. I've had my sebae for about 6-7 yrs now and never once directly fed it. When I feed the tank, the clowns it hosts bring it food plus it gets energy from my MH lighting.

It takes alot of energy for an anemone to digest food, especially big chunks of food. If you want to feed it, chop the pieces in pea size chunks and only feed a few pieces.

Thanks to all and its a bubble tip,and it attached its self on the side of a rock ,its not in a lot of light but i guess its doing good there.

my green bubble tip gets tager fed once every couple or weeks or so with finely diced up shrimp from publix (i even bought it wild caught when i normally buy the cheap stuff for myself). He seems to be happy.

My clowns also bring it food but still try and give it some every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom