Anemone ID ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leobarron563

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone know what kind of anemone this is it likes being on its side ?
76658913299c15cc1187bbf57c94f0f4.jpg
e13a9bc42fc46e740d82d291b55638dd.jpg
810c5100c54e2d5ef0f9bfa06a5623e2.jpg

looks like a condy , also it doesn't look to be fully open do you have strong enough lighting

Last edited:
That's when I just put it in the tank this is it now
4b0c889695f099fafba9b7c90002752d.jpg
4b0c889695f099fafba9b7c90002752d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the nem less than $10? I also agree it is a condy. Also nems like established tanks with strong lighting. Is that a temporary tank as it looks tiny

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It was $30 and its in my nano right now I want to see if my clowns will host it if not I'll move it to my 75 G

I would suggest doing some heavy researching when it comes to the creatures you are putting in your tanks before purchase. Condy's don't normally form a symbiotic relationship with clownfish and still need intense lighting for them to survive, something that doesn't appear to be above the system. Tying that in with a tang being in the nano tank, you are setting yourself up for failure and that isn't something that we want you to go through.

I would suggest doing some heavy researching when it comes to the creatures you are putting in your tanks before purchase. Condy's don't normally form a symbiotic relationship with clownfish and still need intense lighting for them to survive, something that doesn't appear to be above the system. Tying that in with a tang being in the nano tank, you are setting yourself up for failure and that isn't something that we want you to go through.

I didn't even see the tang . I agree 100% with hank ,

always Research your stock before you get it .

compatibility to tank size , how big the fish gets , temperament meaning is the fish social or is it a predator ,

just throwing a nem in does not always mean a clown will host . some nems pack a mean sting others just love a fish dinner ,

that is why we encourage everyone to research first , this hobby is in no way a cheap one and a successful tank is a happy fish keeper .

I took my blue tang out of my 75 Gallon tank because she got ich I know how big they get I'm not going to buy a $50 blue tang so It can die in a nano tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom