anemone identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurtyboh

Aquarium Advice Addict
please help me identify this nem, and worm hitch-hiker

P1150102.JPG

P1150103.jpg

P1150105.jpg

P1150107.jpg

Thanks for any info... Im worried that the nem is a haddons carpet mostly because of the spots on the stem and he doesnt seem to like it if i dont feed every day, which i know most nems youre not supposed to but the haddons you are, or so my book says

Not sure about the nem . But the second one is a bristle worm

I qas assuming a bristleworm of some sort, i know some are bad(eat coral, and nems) and some just eat detritous do i leave him in and wait? Hes been there for three weeks the only coral i have is next to my nem on the other side of the tank

The bristle worms you got to watch out for are the fire bristle worms...like their name they are a bright red (they are not hard to miss)...those things will not only attack your fish, but also anything else it can sink its teeth into...

the purple/pink bristle worms are tank friendly and feed mainly on dead stuff and left over food...mine will go as far as too eat my lionfishies poop...however they won't eat algae ; ;...they can grow to very large sizes, but are easily removed with traps...unless their population is out of control or you got some 'mother of all bristle worms', i would just leave them alone...

as for the nem. i have no idea :p but your clown seems to like him ^^

Yeah, my son calls it nemos toy! he wont leave it alone i dont know if a cown can host a nem to death like they can some corals... But it worries me

I have heard of cases where a clown will host a small anemone to death but not a larger one. Someone on this forum must be into anemones in a big enough way to figure out what kind it is.

Post in the clown/nem. forum someone there might be able to help ya out ^^

that's a common bristle worm. he's safe. the fire worms are not called that because they are red. they are called that because when you get poked by them, your hand will feel like it's on fire.
google "fire worm images". some are common bristles, but you'll see the really ornate ones of different colors.

i'm not sure about the anemone. try a few more pics.

Thanks x, im glad hes safe! Ill get some more pics up in a bit, anything in specific that you need to see? Closed up fully open ?

I figured so, ill have to wait till he wakes up. He is looking a ton better now, he spit up a hermit as well as some other crab shell... Both appqrently from the lfs. Now my hermit has taken to sleeping near him...

thanks buffy, my book and most online sources talk of about a dozen or so.

More pics as requested!

P1150147.jpg

P1150143.jpg

P1150140.jpg

P1150138.jpg

I Asked they told me "with clownfish" I asked which type of clown fish they said "CLOWNfish" i really need to work on my japanese...

He isnt eating shrimp last three times ive tried to feed him iit swallowed the shrimp, then a couple hrs later just spit it out... Using raw frozen shrimp thawed in tank water

Try mysis shrimp or small pieces of silver siders. Also, clowns sometimes feed their anemone.

Back
Top Bottom