anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianathomas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 150 gallon reef tank. About a month and a half a go i had 5 anenomes and one got sick shriveled up so small i had to throw him out. Then about five days later my biggest anemones started doing it also and just the other day we had to get rid of him. I have three left and i do not know what went wrong with the other two. I checked the levels and everything is good except my calcium is to high. Does an one have any suggestions of what happen to my anemones

how deep is the tank, what kind of lights do you have, how often did you feed them and what type of anenomes were they?

do you target feed them? what kind of light do you have?
what do you mean by "good levels", maybe tell us the numbers ;)

Mine shrivels up daily when the lights go out, but it's back out every morning when the lights come on.

One question? How mature is your tank?

Lighting and feeding is so very important with Anemo's but maturity of your tank is way more important to house an anemo. I see so many people wanting one and I understand why, don't get me wrong, some are pretty, they go great with some clown fish.

My suggestion to you is keep and eye on your PH, if it flucuates a great deal it can cause major stress to them. As your tank matures your PH will become more stable and as long as your not over stocked with either coral or fish your weekly water changes and maintenance should provide the trace elements needed.

I hope all works out for you And hope your anemo start feeling better. :)

the tank is 2 food deep and i have a bubble tip and 2 rose the ones that died was a bubble tip and a purple tip. the lighting is kind of old but it is a odyss 65 watt actinic and 65 watt 12000 k daylight. and yes i target feed them brine shrimp every two or three days that is what i was told to do when i bought them.

dianathomas said:
the tank is 2 food deep and i have a bubble tip and 2 rose the ones that died was a bubble tip and a purple tip. the lighting is kind of old but it is a odyss 65 watt actinic and 65 watt 12000 k daylight. and yes i target feed them brine shrimp every two or three days that is what i was told to do when i bought them.

You need more than 2 bulbs for a 150g! I have an 8 bulb system for my 120g so I can finally keep my anemone

Is it normal for anenomes to be out looking beautiful for days and then one day look like an onion bulb for most of the day? Is this normal or a sign of something?

Back
Top Bottom