Anenome..How do I feed him??:S

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathWarp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I just don't seem to get how to feed my little guy here.. Everytime i go to feed him with a turkey baster he will turn his mouth inside out or squish together.. I DON" UNDERSTAND LOL.. if anyon has any pointers id really like to know.

Katie

Hmmm

He could be scared of you so he closes up. My anemone closes up after the food hits his tentacles. Im pretty sure when he does this he is just making the food go to his mouth. Not sure. try asking your LFS.

Isnt it posible to just add it to the tank like a vitamin ? and its something they can get from the water ?

Curious myself.

I have never fed mine like target feeding. I do put plankton and oyster eggs in the water. I believe between the light and the small stuff it should be enough. Had mine for a couple years. Does your anenomie have a clown that host it. If so they will feed it when they get some scraps.

if u want to target feed...just put the food near it and move a bit to act like a fish or so...don't force the food into it. just let it grab on itself.

I feed mine small pieces of shrimp from the super market. Make sure there small pieces, if there too big they will not always take them.
How long have you had the anemone?

I put a piece of shirmp on a clothes hanger and wave it around a little and let his tenticles get it and he takes ahold of it and eats it up. Same way I feed my starfish.

Back
Top Bottom