anenome question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay917

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a bubble tip anemome today. I have a maroon clown fish in my tank and it hosted it within 20 mins after i put it in. It kinda looked like it forced it open and now is pretty rough with it. It rubs against the tenticles pretty hard. Is this a problem or is this normal behavior?

I think the clown is getting used to the stings or whatever it does... shouldn't worry I don't believe. :) Remember "Finding Nemo"?

The anemone should recover assuming it is the right size for your clown. If it's to small, the clown could love the anemone to death. I not to long ago bought a tank with a pair of maroons and a bubbletip that was being beaten/loved so bad, it was about done for. Just a FYI

If at all possible you may want to seperate the maroon and the anemone if its looking like hell. Sometimes the clownfish can be so persistant it will kill the anemone. If seperated your anemone may have a chance to come back with a nice krill feeding ( or something similar)

My bubbletip would barely attach to the rocks last nite and this morning i saw it floated to the back of the tank. Should i go get it or is this normal?

anemones can inflate and deflate at will. It is most likely searching for a more suitable location. KEEP IT AWAY FROM POWERHEADS!!!

Make sure you have some spongues over your powerhead intakes or it will be killed. I justl ost two anemones to powerheads. worst feeling on earth seeing them flipped insideout.

Be also weary that Maroon clowns are the most aggressive with their anemone. If the anemone isn't large enough, healthy enough, more than likely the maroon is going to kick the anemone's butt :(

..just be careful with that combo; most LFS advice I've received is to simply leave the maroon without an host anemone... but they said the same thing about keeping my green carpet under such little lighting and mine is doing perfectly fine. :D

Best of luck to the both of them!

Back
Top Bottom