Angel fish and lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tulip55555

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 40g tall planted tank and I just upgraded my lights to 1x24Watt T5 bulb. I used to have 1x20Watt T8. I know it's not much difference, but my angels are all taking cover. Has anyone else had fish that needed time to acclimate to brighter light? Or do angels have a low light requirement that I'm not aware of???

Thanks

I have an angel in 3.5wpg and she has no problems. It did take her a few days to get used to it. I just uprooted some of my plants to give her some shade till she got used to it.

I have a 40g tall planted tank and I just upgraded my lights to 1x24Watt T5 bulb. I used to have 1x20Watt T8. I know it's not much difference, but my angels are all taking cover. Has anyone else had fish that needed time to acclimate to brighter light? Or do angels have a low light requirement that I'm not aware of???

Thanks
Angels do not have a low light requirement, so they are probably hiding because it is different. Angels are individuals and some are more shy, so a few floating plant would be a good idea to help them adjust to the new lighting and remove it gradually. Or, keep a few plants floating if you feel it helps their happiness. I have floating plants, but my angels never take cover in them. They do like to hide in the amazon swords though if they ever feel stressed because of a tankmate.:)

I like the picture in your Avatar.. Is that a Koi Angelfish?
Do you have any for sale?

no :( that isn't even my fish. it was an avitar I added because I was trying to find a fish that looked like that one...yellow koi rather than the usual orange.
if you are looking for some excellent quality koi angels check this out. he has other auctions, too, blues, platinums and true albinos. all of his auctions include free shipping. i have many fish from him and they are GORGEOUS!
AquaBid.com - Item # fwangelfish1314932202 - 12 KOI JUVENILE FREE SHIPPING - Ends: Thu Sep 1 2011 - 09:56:42 PM CDT

Angels do not have a low light requirement, so they are probably hiding because it is different. Angels are individuals and some are more shy, so a few floating plant would be a good idea to help them adjust to the new lighting and remove it gradually. Or, keep a few plants floating if you feel it helps their happiness. I have floating plants, but my angels never take cover in them. They do like to hide in the amazon swords though if they ever feel stressed because of a tankmate.:)

what do you float? they eat everything i try to float. they are such pigs. i am beginning to think it's a breed trait! i had water sprite floating and they ate so much before i caught them that they were immobile. i never seen such big bellies!! i thought for sure i would lose some after that.
I have a line on some nice red root floaters, but i'm hesitant because i don't want to buy them only to have to throw them out because they make dinner out of it.

tulip55555 said:
no :( that isn't even my fish. it was an avitar I added because I was trying to find a fish that looked like that one...yellow koi rather than the usual orange.
if you are looking for some excellent quality koi angels check this out. he has other auctions, too, blues, platinums and true albinos. all of his auctions include free shipping. i have many fish from him and they are GORGEOUS!
AquaBid.com - Item # fwangelfish1314932202 - 12 KOI JUVENILE FREE SHIPPING - Ends: Thu Sep 1 2011 - 09:56:42 PM CDT

Thanks Tulip...I will check it up...

what do you float? they eat everything i try to float. they are such pigs. i am beginning to think it's a breed trait! i had water sprite floating and they ate so much before i caught them that they were immobile. i never seen such big bellies!! i thought for sure i would lose some after that.
I have a line on some nice red root floaters, but i'm hesitant because i don't want to buy them only to have to throw them out because they make dinner out of it.
I just float my regular plants for awhile. I have floated argentinian sword and a coconut plant or some such thing.

Back
Top Bottom