Angel fish gender?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deepblue02

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two angel fish, one male one female, i know as the guy in the lfs says they have bred before. But i forgot to ask him which is which, so just out of curiosity how do you tell?

Thats what i thought, thanks so much for replying, you couldn't by any chance tell me how you know, i tried looking it up but didn't quite understand, thanks though

at such a young age like that it will be hard with the foreheads as you can see they are the same hahaha. lets its kind of confusing for me to explain but i do this with my angels and 95% of the time I'm right. at that size what you do is look at the bottom part of the body or the belly. from tip of the mouth down to the bottom tip of tail it should be nearly straight which is a female. males will be a bit more zig zag... pretty much it wont be straight. only fully grown males will sometimes show the big forehead

oh and good luck caring for fry hope you have success!!! those too will end up with beautiful fry !!!! hope i can get some from you in the future if you are willing to give away. GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you very much, and i look forward to seeing what the fry look like

Interesting, thanks for the info in this thread. I have learned that mine is a male as well. Maybe that is why no other angels seem to live with him for very long? Not for sure, but im guessing they could have been males as well!

Back
Top Bottom