angel mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buffalochip

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 27 gal tank with one angelfish and a couple of cory cats. I am looking for some tankmates to add a little color but don't want anything that will nip fins on anglefish. curious what you other angelfish owners keep with them

When I had an angel, and comparatively to your size tank, cherry barbs would be a good option.

Caleb

I've kept mine with platies mostly as they are big enough not to be eaten when adults, rarely nip and are pretty active in the top of the tank!

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Another vote for cherry barbs. Peaceful, nice color, and they don't even have to be kept in large groups.

A school of harlequin rasboras or a school of cherry barbs or both. I will be setting up a 29 gal. My young angel fish Sparky is a small koi angle and will be the centerpiece fish with a school of 5 harlequins, and 8 cherry barbs, and 1 L144 pleco female, and 1 blue eyed yellow ancistrus bn female pleco. I am combining fish that I already have. Sparky is currently in my 20 gal with 11 neons, 3 embers, a male ABN pleco. He would have a feast if he grew up in this tank. He he . Hubby is recovering from shoulder surgery So when he can lift then we will set up the tank which is currently siting on the floor. Alison

Back
Top Bottom