Angel worries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mongbean

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys i have an Angel fish that i have just purchased from the LFS and he/she looks a little beat up. The new angel is constantly hiding and it's finns look shredded. I am assuming it was from other angels in the new Lfs tank but i had to pick one close to my current angels size and this one was the smallest. I have trying to gather info around Angel behaviour and know a good chuck already but i am keen to know what i should be looking for in regards to health issues. My current angel is an explorer with a great appetite but the new one looks a bit lack luster. I will give it some time as it's only been in the tank for two days.

Give him more time to adjust to the new tank and to his new friends...
If his fins are beat up, clean water is your best friend. So do PWC every two or three days to keep the water super clean. Once he started to heal, you can go back to the weekly schedule.
Just my two cents.

Lol and what a good two cents it is. I will do just that. Its always a risk when adding a new angel to the tank. But i hope all goes well. I already do a water change 2 times per week so i will keep doing what i am doing.

It is also good to have a quarantine tank, if you invest little by little, before you think it, you can have a 10 G tank, heather, and a small filter.... This way, you can quarantine any new fish or sick ones

Yep, clean water is going to help a lot. You could try adding salt to the tank, even though I've never done it.

I,ve just gone through the same with my angelfish, just did pwc every second day & her fins are growing back great. :)

I have quarantine the fish and added marine salt.hrs is looking worse every day to be honest.

Sorry this is the best i could do.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120917_220518.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120917_220518.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 60
  • ForumRunner_20120917_220549.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120917_220549.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 57
Actually i will try a bit harder. Its difficult as i can only get a top view.

Back
Top Bottom