Angelfish acting weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Be been watching my angelfish ever since I got
It, everytime at feeding time it eats but it either takes a flake and then spits it out very soon after eating or sometimes it will eat a few flakes and spit it out then eat a few small pieces. Everyday activity wise it seems good, it swims around, boh horizontally and vertically, and explores all the time. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Mine do that...do you give him a variety of different foods? If he is spitting it out without eating any, he may not like it. Try different things. I've always just assumed that's what they do...but I feed 4-6 different kinds of foods.

1 of my 2 angelfish goes almost completely horizontal when it thinks I'm going to put food in. If I put my hand in the tank too close to it it will lay flat on the sand to get away from my hand. I feed my angelfish NLS sinking pellets. They never spit those out. Frozen bloodworms they never spit out either.

Laser said:
1 of my 2 angelfish goes almost completely horizontal when it thinks I'm going to put food in. If I put my hand in the tank too close to it it will lay flat on the sand to get away from my hand. I feed my angelfish NLS sinking pellets. They never spit those out. Frozen bloodworms they never spit out either.

I have done pellet food I can try with it.

If he is realy small you may have to crush it up a bit. When mine were small and grabed a full flake they did the same and ate the smaller ones they spit out. After i crushed it they ate with no problem

Laser said:

Thanks for the suggestion about the pellets, I had some granules my other fish didn't like but my angel loves. Didn't spit a single one out!

Also I went and bought some shrimp pellet food
That said was for bottom feeders as well as larger tropical fish. I smashed the pellets up so they were in smaller pieces and my angel loved them.

Back
Top Bottom