Angelfish behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Young227

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Our 36g bowfront finally cycled last week, so we went to LFS and my daughter picked out two angelfish. Brought them home and drip acclimated them for an 1 1/2 before putting in tank. A couple of times I have been afraid they were dead but found them hiding in back corner of tank by a spongefilter I use as add'l filtration. Is this normal or should I be concerned. They do come out but rarely and most of the time it appears tank is completely empty. There are 3 filigree cories in tank also; was planning for more but didn't want to stock too quickly.

Attaching picture of tank and recent water testing which is all normal. AMM 0 Trite 0 trate 10 (looks darker in pict than it actually is) Ph 7.4

Attachments

• image-1114191537.jpg
    image-1114191537.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1950754528.jpg
    image-1950754528.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 53
They finally realized I had fed them so now they are out.

Attachments

• image-1938964433.jpg
    image-1938964433.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1309945331.jpg
    image-1309945331.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 51
For angelfish that behavior IS a bit odd. They are the "run to the front if tank and beg for food every time they see a person" type of fish. Lol they could still just be getting used to their new home though

I figured they were still getting used to the tank but it's been almost a week so wanted to check if there was something different i should be doing. They were in a tank with no plants and about 2 dz or more other fish in the LFS so they probably can't figure out where all the other fish went and only recognize the sponge filter as a familiar tank feature.

I have been feeding them tetra flake food. is there something else I should consider feeding them?

Angels generally aren't picky about food! The food you are feeding them though isn't really great quality. Try looking up the company angelsplus online. Their food is awesome! I've never had a fish not go ape over it. Crushed beef heart seems to be the most favorite though. In the meantime try treats like bloodworms and baby shrimp (you can find at walmart) I wouldn't feed these all the time but they are s nice treat. Live or frozen bloodworms should be popular as well:)

Back
Top Bottom