Angelfish died - why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

portia

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon, about 4 months' old tank. I diligently change the water each week and test it. My parameters are excellent, and my little school of danios, my dwarf gourami, swordtail, platy, and my catfish (I think-he never comes out but I haven't seen a body) are doing fine.

I bought two marble angelfish last Saturday. One died Sunday, and one on Monday. I looked at the bodies each time and could see no signs of disease, no abuse by other fish, nothing. I re-tested my water and it's great. My other fish are perfectly happy.

Anyone have any ideas?

It could be something that happened during shipping or even at the store, that is why a QT is so important.

agreed...angelfish are delicate somewhat...a quick acclimation to a new tank, new tank stress, or stress from the transition could all have contributed

I was worried about mine cause I had about an hour ride home with them. I know they can be a delicate fish. :(

Does your LFS have any guarantee on their livestock?

I must have lucked out on mine.

I will see them "kiss" the snail egg sacs and smaller snails. Wish they would eat the snails!

Back
Top Bottom