angelfish discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels4thawin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So as u can tell by the name im quite the fan of angelfish :eek: and i thought it would be good for everyone who owns angelfish to share their knowledge on them and give tips on how to care for them.I also think its a great way to make new friends (especially for me because im new to this site:)) So feel free to have Your say.

My wife and I have "fallen" for angelfish, and they are the primary reason we are trying to locate/save up for a much larger tank. Current set-up is. 29g. We realize that this is too small- especially for the 4 angels we have right now (they are still fairly small/young -but growing). The issue of tank size is rapidly becoming a priority.

Another observation early- on in our angelfish adventure- "calico" angels just won't live. With water parameters great, and no aggression or injury, we just cannot keep calicos (this was back when we first started w/angels- and quarter/half-dollar size fish).

They eat like they're going to die from starvation every time you feed them. Do NOT over feed them just cause they eat it. That was my first mistake. Just feed them until they have a little round belly to them. Oh, sometimes, if you get the tiger striped ones, they change color depending on their mood. :D I have a blushing blue angel, google it, he's my favorite one I have 

We have 4 angels in a 115g tank. One is a gold, two are koi and one is a marble. They have paired off, the marble is with a koi and the gold is with the other koi. There has been spawning.

I do a 50% PWC once a week (usually every other week but tank is being treated for camallanus worms.)

I feed them a diet of home-made fish food, frozen foods and some flake.

The pH in that tank stays at 6.7, even after a PWC, the pH doesn't rise above 7 which is odd. Our tap water is 8. something.

It's heavily planted, lots of rocks and DW. Gravel is natural pea gravel mixed with larger natural gravel.

I have three gold angels myself and after 3 weeks of buying them they spawned and now i have baby angels and the parents look like they're about to spawn again :) everything seems to be good except the fact that my aquatic plants keep dying:nono: how do u pros do it i just don't know

I have a 30 gallon with one marble angel. My little guy named him Spock. Originally it was my hubby who asked him what do you want to name this guy meaning our dalmation molly, he then said how bout spot. My son who is two repeated back spock so we decided that was the molly's name. Well after my son insisting the angel was spock we figured that would be his name.

Ive only had him a few weeks but he is a somewhat fussy eater. He will not eat flake food at all. So right now he's been having freeze dried foods. Im going to try some veggies and fruits soon and see if he might like those just for a variety.

Back
Top Bottom