AngelFish - do I have a m/f pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, it sounds like the fish were just too small and it may have nothing to do with you or your tank. These dime size Angelfish haven't gone through the natural die off phase and I would suggest you NEVER buy an angelfish less than a nickle body size.
That being said, it sounds like your 2 Angels have buddied up and if the Koi is not part of the "school", it's best you just keep the 2 Angels and not try to add more. As I said earlier, a 29 gal tank does not have a lot of bottom space to house many Angelfish especially if they are of different sizes.
As for the missing Koi, look outside the tank if you can't find it inside. Remarkably, I found one of my large Angels on the floor and there was barely any opening in the tank top yet it still managed to get out. If you do find it outside the tank, this is more of a sign that it's time for NO MORE ANGELS in their tank. ;)

Andy, thank you so much fort time, help and input. I am pleased to know it doesn't sound like something that happened on my end. I did wonder about the tiny ones I had, but the family member who gave it to us said nothing when I asked. Anyway, so I'm down to the 4, well call the pair, koi and yellow veil. I want to be sure I understand what your saying and that would be to keep the pair and see if I would be able to bring them in for trade or credit? If so should I leave just the 2 angels or add anither kind of fish? If so what do I add that makes for happy home?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Andy, thank you so much fort time, help and input. I am pleased to know it doesn't sound like something that happened on my end. I did wonder about the tiny ones I had, but the family member who gave it to us said nothing when I asked. Anyway, so I'm down to the 4, well call the pair, koi and yellow veil. I want to be sure I understand what your saying and that would be to keep the pair and see if I would be able to bring them in for trade or credit? If so should I leave just the 2 angels or add anither kind of fish? If so what do I add that makes for happy home?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry, I thought you were down to 3 fish not 4.
If you want to make a happy home for a breeding pair of Angelfish, give them a tank by themselves. Just them, no other fish. No bottom feeders, no distraction/ dither fish, nothing. Breeding Angels will do best when they don;t have to be concerned for their spawn.
Now, if you are talking about exchanging the pair for other fish, that's a different story. You can mix a number of different types of fish with Angelfish that are not paired off. Just remember, your Angels will get large so unless you are talking about putting them in a larger tank, you will have to limit the number of total fish in the 29 gal tank.

Hope this helps (y)

Sorry, I thought you were down to 3 fish not 4.
If you want to make a happy home for a breeding pair of Angelfish, give them a tank by themselves. Just them, no other fish. No bottom feeders, no distraction/ dither fish, nothing. Breeding Angels will do best when they don;t have to be concerned for their spawn.
Now, if you are talking about exchanging the pair for other fish, that's a different story. You can mix a number of different types of fish with Angelfish that are not paired off. Just remember, your Angels will get large so unless you are talking about putting them in a larger tank, you will have to limit the number of total fish in the 29 gal tank.

Hope this helps (y)
hi, now i am down to 3 angels. the black one, marble and quarter size long veil.. i think i wasnt clear enough stating that i had 2 of the yellow long veil angels.. i need to expain muself better

Back
Top Bottom