Angelfish feeler red rot/ fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
I came home today to see my koi angel pair's feelers, on the end, have some sort of red fungus rot thing on them( pics below) and also extra red veiny areas around the base of all the fins.

I recently did a large water change about 30% ( on saturday) and they seemed fine after that, i did use a dechlorinator.

That has been the only change in the environment. The other tank mates (a pair of bnp ) show no signs of this rot

As of this morning, on my male angel the feeler that had the most red stuff, all the red stuff is gone, along with the end of the feeler that had it on it.

Definitely slowly getting worse.

Does anyone have any ideas, i really dont wanna lose these guys

The rot has gotten worse on the feelers. They have about half of what was originally red left

Well, I'm going to go with fin rot and hopefully get some discussion going. Have you got a treatment plan working?

Well i was planning on some water changes, maybe with meds that don't mess with my plants, but don't know where to start :/

Thanks for the reply :)

The rot has faded away some without treatment, but still isn't completely gone. I would still greatly appreciate some help :)

You could try adding some melafix which should help things along without wrecking plants, etc. Any ideas on cause?

My Angel fish had the same exact thing happen. It was caused by my other fish nipping her fins...I noticed every time a fish nipped her feelers she had these red like bulbs at the very end like dry blood or something? Then she had a red line that ran all the way down her feelers...I was worried but it cleared up in a few days....keep an eye on him and see if he is being nipped....just a thought.

Well if it is the same rot as mentioned above, then it may have been a spawning ritual fight, and they both got beat up. It has cleared up some, but i will still medicate if i have melafix.

Thanks for your replies :)

Back
Top Bottom