Angelfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I want to house an angelfish in a 30 gallon with some panda cories and maybe a dwarf gourami. I would also like a school of tetras in the tank. Problem is I heard angelfish eat small tetras. I know I won't get neon tetras for sure, but I'm thinking of getting a school of cardinal or penguin tetras. But will these fish also get eaten by the angelfish? And if so, which species of tetra similar to these varieties will the angelfish not eat? All advice and comments greatly appreciated!

I have 13 angelfish with 2 gourami and have never had a problem with angels picking on them. As long as the tetra's aren't too small they should be ok. Get a school (min 6) so the angels get distracted and can't focus on one. If possible, put the tetra's in first since angels will be more dominant. Also, get a school of angels (min 4) and they will compete with each vs going after tetra's. As always, what works in one tank may not work for others.

Boomer said:
Hi I want to house an angelfish in a 30 gallon with some panda cories and maybe a dwarf gourami. I would also like a school of tetras in the tank. Problem is I heard angelfish eat small tetras. I know I won't get neon tetras for sure, but I'm thinking of getting a school of cardinal or penguin tetras. But will these fish also get eaten by the angelfish? And if so, which species of tetra similar to these varieties will the angelfish not eat? All advice and comments greatly appreciated!

Cardinals maybe will be snacks for the Angel, Rummynose are a good option. In my own experience, the Gourami and he Angel may not work in a 30 G tank. The chances of aggression will be high,

Back
Top Bottom