Angelfish rubbing HELP!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My angelfish is about 1 year old now and he has started to rub himself againsed leaves in my tank and I really need help he has been rubbing for q month and has made his nose area that used to be black now white please help. I am pretty sure that it is not ich coz he has no white spots. Leave a comment and advice!

Tetra98

Attachments

• image-1648725367.jpg
    image-1648725367.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 183
Hi Tetra,
It's not in need of an angelfish friend perhaps...
Looks a good specimen in the picture, if the tank is big enough (so they can get some distance if they want) I'd say another angel is worth a go.

I already have two others one is about 3 months and the other is a mating partner with this angelfish

Attachments

• image-1771632034.jpg
    image-1771632034.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 153
Thanks so much but I really need some advice Tasha

Angels are cichlids, and cichlids sometimes flash against things to mark their territory. Since you say he has a breeding mate, and there is a third angel in there, this might be exactly what he is doing.

Oh really I never knew that thank you so much I just think that you have solved my mystery thank you
so much

Darby, good spot, if it's broad-leaf plant he's rubbing against, maybe he's selecting the ideal place for eggs. Wow Tetra, if you get eggs, see if you can get some pictures (without flash). I was lucky enough to see my Dad's angels looking after their eggs by using their fins to circulate water-flow over them, absolutely fascinating. Good luck if this is the case, and you might want to consider another tank for the juvenile angel too !

Back
Top Bottom