Angelfish swimming sideways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tas912

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! My angelfish has been swimming on his side and seems to be dying. What can I do??

My dad's fish do this sometimes. He always separates it from the rest. It either dipoles peacefully or heals itself and is fine. Hopefully the second.?

I don't know. He usually just scoops out some water out of the tank to use.

Oh okay. I hope they make it! (There's two of them in the tank)

I hope he or she makes it. Angels are gorgeous fish. I would remove the sick fish soon as possible as to not infect the other and maybe clean it's tank.

That's exactly what I just did :). Thanks for your advice!

Did it make it through the night? Fingers crossed.

Angel eyes

I have been raising Angels for many years. One of my best females swam sideways because she was blind in one eye but was in healthy condition. Check your Angels eyes.

She did make it through the night but still does not look well. She seems very weak, just hanging in the corner of the tank. Once in a while she will try to swim but it seems like it's hard for her :(

Is she bloated at all? Is she pooping normally? Is the poo brown in color or white and stringy? If you haven't seen her pooping at all, she could be constipated, which can cause an unbalance with her swim bladder. You can try feeding her a blanched and shelled pea to see if it can help clear up any constipation issues.

If a fish is blind its eye is usually opaque (sometimes coated with white) If the fish is near the front of the tank and doesn't react to your finger near its eye that could be a sign it cant see in that eye.

Haven't noticed any pooping. Tried the pea but she didn't eat it

He didn't make it. Found him gone this morning :-(. Thanks for asking though

Back
Top Bottom