Angelfish w/damaged fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mustangmp96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was hoping someone could help me with a couple of concerns. I have an Angelfish who seems to have broken or pinched one of her pectoral fins. She doesn't appear to be in any pain or distressed in any way but I do have a few questions: will this heal or is it permanent; is there anything I can do to help; is this normal? Thanks in advance for any response, hope someone is able to help.

Here are a couple of photos to better show the issue.

Attachments

• image-1318876867.jpg
    image-1318876867.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 140
  • image-837582517.jpg
    image-837582517.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 108
its most likely permanent, you could try cutting it to see ifit grows back like some people do but id leave it alone

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll just leave it then. Doesn't seem to bother her and I don't think I'd feel comfortable cutting it.

mustangmp96 said:
Was hoping someone could help me with a couple of concerns. I have an Angelfish who seems to have broken or pinched one of her pectoral fins. She doesn't appear to be in any pain or distressed in any way but I do have a few questions: will this heal or is it permanent; is there anything I can do to help; is this normal? Thanks in advance for any response, hope someone is able to help.

Pimafix can be used to heal damaged tissue and regrow fins. Sometimes successful, sometimes not.

Back
Top Bottom