angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will they eat, neons, gupies
platys
swordies
corys
pleco
black skirts
danios?

Iv seen them eat guppys but neons and danios are a bit too fast for them but if they can catch them they would eat them. But as for swordtails sharks plecos and gouramis is will defo be fine

Iv seen them eat guppys but neons and danios are a bit too fast for them but if they can catch them they would eat them. But as for swordtails sharks plecos and gouramis is will defo be fine

Neons are fast but i assure you they are not fast all the time and the Angel will end up eating there tail off. If you go to a pet store if you see an angel in with a mob of tetras you watch them stalk !

My Angelfish is an agressive feeder. I am sure it would quickly eat the guppies. It would take a while but he would end up eating the neons as well once he caught them.

Angels are great ambush predators and will pick off even fast fish.

I have to agree with this.

You gotta remember they are cichlids. Their degree of aggresiveness depends on temperment and whether they're breeding or not, but even mellow ones are bullies. A mean one can empty a tank pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Not that the Drs. aren't a fairly decent fish supplier, but I've always found their compatibility chart to be off.

B4. The angels are big enough to eat the neons will the still chase them?

Angels will eat any fish small enough to fit into their mouths. if you keep small fish forget Angels, some co exsist with small fish others don't, eer on the side of caution.

Pete

Just FYI, my angels have eaten some pretty good size zebra danios, which are some of the fastest and most active little fish. They don't chase them, they stalk them.

^ best answer.

Angels are great ambush predators and will pick off even fast fish.

Yup. I've seen them defending their young, they actually turn on their side and use their whole body as a fin, shooting across the tank. Amazingly fast attacks.

Back
Top Bottom