angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah thanks iv got four, an one laid eggs last week but they ate them, now i know iv got one male an female, but now iv got another looking plump, an one getting bullied will have to wait an see i supose.

definitely. my male jewel has 2 girls but they're supposed to be monogamous

ah thanks iv got four, an one laid eggs last week but they ate them, now i know iv got one male an female, but now iv got another looking plump, an one getting bullied will have to wait an see i supose.

Make sure not to let the bullying go too far. Angels can be violent, so if there is outright bullying going on, it's typically best to remove a fish. Some of their problems they will sort out themselves, but spawning pairs often show no mercy and can seriously harm other fish. Make sure to keep a close eye on it.

I was fortunate enough to have a trio of Angels that were 1 male and 2 females. They would all spawn at the same time so the egg count was HUGE. If you do not have them all spawning together (at the same time), it would be best if you removed the other fish.
I've had times with other potential trios where one female would spawn, with the male while the other female watched. She would then eat the eggs and spawn with the male. NOT a good thing as the fertlization rate for this second spawn was always low.
I'd suggest you give them a spawn or two to synchronize but if they don't, split them up.

Hope this helps...(y)

Back
Top Bottom