angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will dwarf gouramis do well with angelfish? I have two in my 60g tank with 5 small angelfish. ... I noticed they pick at each other but haven't seen them mess with the angels yet

Careful with your angelfishes tails being sniped

Oh really? Maybe i need to get rid of the gouramis...... I don't want my angels hurt

Will dwarf gouramis do well with angelfish? I have two in my 60g tank with 5 small angelfish. ... I noticed they pick at each other but haven't seen them mess with the angels yet

I haven't had any nipping issues with the DGs toward the angel. Our big angel really asserts her presence in the tank. She thinks she's boss and they KNOW she's boss so they leave her alone. Anytime we add a new fish to the tank, she asserts her power and then the next day it's all good. In fact, our dwarf gourami will swim along behind her at times but normally just stay out of her way. Some angels and gourami can have a tendency to be territorial/aggressive and also have their own little personalities so if it's a new mix of fish, just keep your eyes on things for awhile.

Ok will do thanks!!!! I was concerned bc the angels are only dime size now...

Ok will do thanks!!!! I was concerned bc the angels are only dime size now...

Since they're juveniles, yes, definitely keep an eye. In my experience, angels can really rule the roost when they get older and can be particularly mean to each other at times.

Ok I didn't see it happening but I think they may be picking on my angels. .. one of the angels is just hiding now and won't come out to eat... will the gouramis be ok in a African cichlid tank? I may move them

Ok I didn't see it happening but I think they may be picking on my angels. .. one of the angels is just hiding now and won't come out to eat... will the gouramis be ok in a African cichlid tank? I may move them

I know nothing of African Cichlids but what I have seen people post on here leads me to believe that a gourami will have a very hard time with African Cichlids. In fact, they may not make it out alive. Hopefully someone with cichlids experience will chime in, but I wouldn't advise this with my limited knowledge, anyway.

You've got a good sized tank for the fish you have right now. Are there enough hiding spaces for them? Do you have any plants etc, something to cut the straight line of vision? Anything else in the tank?

I have one pleco about 2" long....I have quite a few live plants Amazon swords etc... I also have some big roots they are fake.... 2dg's 5 angels and 1 pleco

It depends on what type of African cichlids. I have a gold gourami in with peacocks and he's fine, but he's also the same size and peacocks aren't as aggressive as some cichlids.

I don't know much about them the tank and fish were given to me...its a 75g

DG can be aggressive. I have a Red Flame DG that rules everything, especially during feeding, and that includes 12 adult angelfish. He doesn't cause damage but he will chase them quite a ways. But I'd say 95% of the time he's fine. The other 2 DG and the honey gourami mind their own business.

Mine are both red flame... I just got them and I noticed one bullys the other one I just haven't seen him chase the angels when I'm around

Often their aggression is aimed at their own kind when there are multiplies in the tank. Just be sure he doesn't over bully the other DG.

Back
Top Bottom