Angels with Tinfoil and Tiger Barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navarrosarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an established tank with tinfoil barbs and tiger barbs in it. Would angel fish be okay to put in there? I don't know how they would get along. the tinfoils and tigers are full size, the angels are still kinda young. The angels are okay where they are for now, but I need to find a place for them when they get bigger.

The angels are okay where they are for now, but I need to find a place for them when they get bigger.

What size tank is this? Tinfoil barbs get big man....

I wouldn't put an angel with tigers, they are known to be fin nippers.

Caleb

Thats what I was thinking. I am kinda new to angels. I was hoping they were feisty enough to hold their own, but maybe not. Maybe I will just get another tank when the angels are big enough to need to move. I guess 8 tanks is just not enough.

I would say the biggest one is about 8 inches now. The others maybe 6, they all started out the same size, but that one has been bigger than the others for a while now.

I love them, they are beautiful. I can't wait till they get full grown. My husband said he is going to go fishing in my tank.

Haha. They'll grow up to a foot! Mine is around 6-7" if I had to guess. I debated rehoming him several times but I feel like he has a mental handicap, in the sense that he thinks he's a cichlid. Pretty comical usually

Jesse

I have six of them and they are really never alone. They school everywhere together. I love the way they glisten in the light. And their tails are getting more red as they grow. And they are voracious eaters.

I would not put angels in with those barbs. Just asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom