Angler and Mantis together in 10g nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If you happen to know about either Anglers or Mantis Shrimp (or both), do you think the two could be kept together in a 10g nano? Would one kill the other or would it just be too much for a 10g?

I saw someone post on RC who was keeping a couple anglers in nanos. Maybe those were 24g nanocubes. Thought they sounded interesting. I guess I'll forget about the angler then. Thanks for the reply.

You might be able to get away with housing an angler all alone in a 24g nano cube, but it probably is not a good idea.

Besides the point of the angler in a smaller system, I would not host a mantis with any fish, or an angler with any crustacean.

Do a single peacock mantis. (my favorite of the crustaceans)

I've already decided to keep one of the smaller variety of Mantis in the 10g. Either a Smithii or Wennerae (sp?).

There is someone on nano-reef that just set up 2 12gallon cubes tied into the same system ... I think they have a 20 gallon fuge as well and he had an angler in each cube. Pretty cool fish IMO, but I don't know how correct he is for keeping those fish in small tanks!

most common anglers like the sargassum fish need a 30 gallon minimum.

Anglers usually need to be housed alone. They will try to eat anything and when it tries to eat the mantis its going to get a nasty suprise.

Back
Top Bottom