Angrl fish fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Standupmossy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got angelfish and the keep fighting one of them keeps chasing the other one :( what can I do ?

Yea quite a lot I'm buying another 2 tomorrow should sort it out right ?

When you get more plants before putting them in remove the aggressive angel and place it temporarily in a container. Totally rearrange your tank and then add the angel back in. This often helps alot as it tricks the aggressor into thinking it's in a new tank where it doesn't have a set territory or the tank is mine syndrone. And every once in a while you just get a nasty tempered angel. It doesn't happen often in juvies but it can. If it continues you have a couple choice.... first you could rehome the aggressor and try another angel or you could add 2 more angels to distribute aggression out more. But in your size tank you would possibly need to rehome 2 as they mature and get large depending on their temperments.

Thank very much that's helped a lot. I might buy 2 more then rehome them as they get bigger. The are only baby's at the moment, thank you very much for your help !

Can you post a pic of your tank? I would love to ssee it.

I had the same problem with my angels. One would bully the other two. He ended up biting off some of their fins. I just traded mine in.

Here's my tank

Attachments

• image-2022383899.jpg
    image-2022383899.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1558235653.jpg
    image-1558235653.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 69
They are older than I thought. I would not be at all surprized if that black one is a male. If and this is a big if you go by the forehead bump (which isn't always accurate) at the angle of the shot it I'd "guess" male. No guess on the other one. The only true way to sex angels is to let them spawn and you can tell by the breeding tube shape which is which.

As for the tank it's big enough I'd put a tall sword on each end of the tank. Angels love them and they also get big enough to hide in. I've had a two angel pairs spawning at the same time at opposite sides of my big swords before.

yea cool. the black filter is only in there because im waiting for my hang on the back one to cycle, then im removing it. should be done now :) ill remove that and then get a sword. my local shop should sell them.. cheers

Back
Top Bottom