Angry Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reese and Chase

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I need help, I got 3 male molly fish yesterday and they seem perfectly fine and friendly with each other, until feeding time. My Cremecicle Lyretail Molly, who also happens to be the biggest one in the tank, won’t let the other fish have any food. My other 2 molly fish are a Dalmatian Molly and a Silver Molly. Today him and my silver molly were eating and my Cremecicle Lyretail Molly swam quickly at the other until he was chased away. Anytime he came back he nipped at him a little until all the food was gone. Now they are just going around the tank like nothing happened. Any advice on what I should do?

If it is a sufficient problem that it might to the detriment of a fishes health the only real option is to seperate the aggressor. It might calm down given time, but sometimes fish are just jerks.

It's Molly's nature. You have to change the feeding system. Please try how to feed them separately. I hope gradually everything will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom