Annnie's 37 gallon (photo's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have to love the lazy retriever.

Our Karma is a german shepherd / retriever mix and she lays on the couch and stares at one of our tanks too. (When she's awake that is)

<--- My dog, a cockapoo, doesn't take any interest in the tank what so ever. She will sometimes sniff the stand or the contents on the shelves, but that's about it. I suppose it's because the tank is no where near her height, so she can't see it. Sometimes I pick her up and hold her up to the tank and she will just sniff the glass.

The fish man: I got the tank from a small pet store that specializes in fish. It was the only largish square 1.. looks amazing compared with rectangular tanks imo.

hahaha dragonfish, your dog sounds just like mine except he's not too interested in the fish he only looks when i point at it and say "look at the fish bailey" haha.

Mandy: i've picked baileys front half to show him the tank properly haha.. it's funny how we want them to enjoy the tank like us!... At least cats take an interest in them haha.. i had a cat that i was looking after that has never seen fish or let outside of the house.. she enjoyed the fish.. sometimes putting her paw gentle on the glass to try and touch them hahahaha

...i had a cat that i was looking after that has never seen fish or let outside of the house.. she enjoyed the fish.. sometimes putting her paw gentle on the glass to try and touch them hahahaha
awwwww that's so cute, lol!

I've know a golden retriever that stands for hours in front of a 10g with some tetras and swordtails with her nose pressed right against it. The fish don't seem to mind at all, but if any fish go missing I know who I'm blaming.

I've know a golden retriever that stands for hours in front of a 10g with some tetras and swordtails with her nose pressed right against it. The fish don't seem to mind at all, but if any fish go missing I know who I'm blaming.

aww that is so cute tho! when i tell my dog to look at the fish he just looks for a couple of seconds then looks at me like.. "SOOOO??" ..If he can't eat them, he's not interested haha.

Update on my apisto male: he is looking more pretty each day and has been showing off in front of his woman (I've decided it defiantly is a female >.>). The female is getting fatter so i won't be surprised if they spawn any time soon. Still have to make the cave cory proof tho!!! The couple have politely been telling them to buzz off :)

pic of how much he's coloured up:
img_1158862_0_597455ecf0a474dd8240d80ba0189760.jpg

great looking tank. very nicely done (y)

my dogs generally have no interest what so ever in my tanks until one day taffy saw the big bichir swim by then she started watching. after a few days though she lost interest again.

haha she probably realised she can't eat it haha.

here's a pic of bailey trying to steal attention away from the fish tank when i was setting it up... i have never seen him lay like this before hahahah
img_1159128_0_76abef550d43d8dc2a63cc4cc6cc6ddf.jpg

OHH and i got something for my fish tank from ebay!. I think it's essential.. as important as the filter >.> haha.

img_1159130_0_fa78f5412eb8db0011434b5696433e01.jpg

Great looking tank! I love the apistos. They sure are coloring up. My cat Sunny sometimes looks at my fish, and tries to paw them. He'd eat them if he could, but he's not that smart :p

That sign is totally amazing!!! Where did you get it?

--Adeeb

aww haha your dog is cute! Bailey looks absolutely adorable curled up in a little ball:)

haha It's a sticker and when i saw it.. i just had to have it!

I got it from here:
NEW Sticker decal for aquarium fish tank marine cabinet - eBay Fish Tanks, Fish, Pet Supplies, Home. (end time 27-Sep-10 12:40:28 AEST)

But that sticker has a different description and picture... But same seller. Ships to US!.. There are some that are buy it now and some that are auctioned.. i got mine for $1.25AU free shipping.

Also i got some free indian almond leaves today from a local!.. My PH is getting high -.- not sure why.

also having some issues with the neons.. they are nippy and i think some have early stages of fin rot.. because on the edges of the tiny torn area's, it's white. Also not sure why..my water is prefect >.> haha.. so i'm hoping just adding the leaves will help with that so i don't have to put medication in.

here you go jason:

img_1160016_0_9d0d292019689cc71458107c1330476c.jpg

I don't think i'll stick it on the tank but it can live where it is in the pic's for now.

I'm also rearranging the tank.. not sure how i want it tho! I'll have a little play around :)

also thinking about swapping the neon's for another schooling fish.. But dunnnnnno i'm just not satisfied with the neon's.. they are a bit viscous and they only school when i turn the lights off.. so there all over the tank all the time during the day.

:lol: my QT sits on the floor underneath my main tank's stand... and my cat likes to stand on it.
aww as soon as we move into a permanent place i'm gunna get a kitty! :).. and a huge 8 foot tank >.> hahaha.. i had some friends around and they told me they bought an 8 foot tank!!!!!! :O I said i'm coming around some time soon to see this! I didn't even know they were into fish haha.

Here's what i've done... it's not much of a change tho haha but it's all i can do for now with what i have. When i get a chance i'm going to try out a background as HN1 suggested.

img_1160033_0_f0256a692c14303bc4487502328f0116.jpg

img_1160033_1_6acf781aa38efcdeeb1682a4a572ba9d.jpg

It's super cloudy as i scrubbed heaps of brown algea away.

I've finally gone and bought some black card for a background!.. i like it :) and it sorta goes with my unintentional amazon river theme (except for the plants... no idea where they are from >.>).

img_1163488_0_3150339f2a28b2350653d5bae909e13a.jpg

sorry about the horrible photo's.. my camera is giving up on life.

I'm still having problems with the tetras tho :( .. all of them have fin/tail rot and 1 cory looks like he has velvet on some areas.. so i've been medicating the tank. Not sure why these guys are sick tho.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
nitrates:0 (i'm thinking the plants must be keeping it at zero)
Ph:6.6

I think i will go ahead and swap the tetra's for something else.. i'm sick of the fighting.

Back
Top Bottom