Annoying male molly. Do I need another female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
My juvenile male molly finally developed his gondopen (spelling?). I already had one female from the same birth that survived and he has been harassing her like crazy. I bought another female, a creamsicle, about three weeks ago and he constantly harrasses her. Both females are pregnant and he will not leave them alone. He has even tried to cozy up to my neon tetras. That was hilarious. My female calco molly has been literally fighting with him. They were biting each other and going around in circles. They tore up plants and they did damage to each other. I am wondering if I should get another female? Or maybe move him to one of my snail tanks to give the females a rest?

I am not worried about the fry. Any that survive will be going to the only pet shop in my area or into one of my other tanks. The owner is a friend and she said she would take any of my tank inhabitants offspring. I am currently breeding mystery snails for her. She knows my animals are well taken care of and probably better quality than she has ordered.

Back
Top Bottom