Anole feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TONEakaSHOW

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a paludarium with a toad and anole, my toad eats fine he's fat at heart lol but my anole is tricky to feed as he stays in the air on branches and leafs. When I put food for him it escapes so is there an easy way to feed him? I can't just leave food in there because the toad eats the same food

Yes crickets, thing is the area I feed the toad my anole never goes to. Ive been able to feed him once but on a branch. The crickets take off so quickly, the way my tank is set up there's so many spots for them to escape through rocks and decor

I've seen some other people have success with reptile feeding through the use of tongs before. I don't know how good of an option that would be for this scenario cause I do not have a reptile myself, but it seemed like a good way to feed stubborn/messy eaters. Do you think that might work?

I second the tong feeding or pulling off the back legs. Is there a way you could leave a small dish up high where the anole is and leave some worms for him instead?

I tried thongs but the crickets fall in the water and after 5 attempts or so the cricket is dead and no one eats him

I also tried worms which neither my anole or toad wouldn't touch, I've had luck with swatted flies but it's getting cold now and flies are gone

I would think if you load enough crickets in there the toad will stop eating once he's full then your lizard will hunt.
Did you try mill worms?

The anoles I used to keep preferred crickets but they would take mealworms occasionally, much more readily if they are hungry. The dish in the branches suggestion could be worth a shot! Mine were way too flighty to even think about feeding with tongs.

Back
Top Bottom