Anole lizard compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have an anole lizard in a 10g
70% humidity
80 temperature
Under tank heater
Basking lamp
Driftwood
Fake plants
Wood chip substrate

It's kind of boring in the tank because she doesn't move. I want to know if I can add any frogs or other reptiles
Like that.
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys I have an anole lizard in a 10g
70% humidity
80 temperature
Under tank heater
Basking lamp
Driftwood
Fake plants
Wood chip substrate

It's kind of boring in the tank because she doesn't move. I want to know if I can add any frogs or other reptiles
Like that.
Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't in a 10g. I have seen 55g and 75g extremely planted with a mixed species like anoles, chamelions, tree frogs that sorts but a 10g won't give you enough room to really plant it heavy enough for multiple species

I wouldn't in a 10g. I have seen 55g and 75g extremely planted with a mixed species like anoles, chamelions, tree frogs that sorts but a 10g won't give you enough room to really plant it heavy enough for multiple species

So no frogs can live like that?
In that environment?

So no frogs can live like that?
In that environment?

No simply because its a 10g and there isn't enough space. If you wanna add a few frogs (tree frogs only) then I would upgrade your tank to atleast a 40breeder size and plant it very heavily. Your goal is to make the amazon x5 in the tank so they never see eachother basically

No simply because its a 10g and there isn't enough space. If you wanna add a few frogs (tree frogs only) then I would upgrade your tank to atleast a 40breeder size and plant it very heavily. Your goal is to make the amazon x5 in the tank so they never see eachother basically

I wouldn't mix different species of reptiles and amphibians if you're just a beginner anyway. They can harbor diseases that may not affect themselves but could kill other species. Not to mention aggression. Like jwh said you really want it so they can't see each other but even then who knows what harmful diseases your anoles harbor.

I wouldn't mix different species of reptiles and amphibians if you're just a beginner anyway. They can harbor diseases that may not affect themselves but could kill other species. Not to mention aggression. Like jwh said you really want it so they can't see each other but even then who knows what harmful diseases your anoles harbor.

Yes + this. It's always a risk adding different species of course. It doesn't always work but it can for a select few

Okay guys thanks. Was just wondering. Can I add
Another smaller anole though?
Or will it get bullied

Okay guys thanks. Was just wondering. Can I add
Another smaller anole though?
Or will it get bullied[/QUOTEthe anoles aren't aggresive species from what I have observed. They just like to eat and bask all day. I wouldn't add another one though because your tank is only a 10g. They still need a bit of room and like the other post said, you may introduce a disease.

I had 3 in. 10 at once and they did just fine. They were healthy and full of life, they does when we had a snowstorm which was awhile back, you'll just have to clean the cage more

I had 3 in. 10 at once and they did just fine. They were healthy and full of life, they does when we had a snowstorm which was awhile back, you'll just have to clean the cage more

That doesn't mean its okay to do. I for one wouldn't add anymore because getting from a different stock can introduce disease

I would not recommend getting another anole in there because if its a male anole you have i know they are territorial is it a green anole?I heard their less aggresive than bahamans or cuban anoles but its a NO NO for cuban knight anoles because as their names suggest they will fiight!

Back
Top Bottom