Another Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would be the best way to light a 60g rimless cube tank.

Dimensions 24" X 24" X 24"

I would like no limitation on corals or clams or anything like that. I am looking at LED's but don't know what I need to penetrate 24" of water as well as cover 2 feet of width.

The other option is T5's, I've seen some 6 and 8 bulb fixtures but after I buy quality bulbs the cost will be the same as LED's.

My LFS is pushing the ecoray 60D I believe, $300. :-( Would that be sufficient for the tank? I also think i would hang this fixture as well and have no idea how high off the water one should hang an LED.

Here are some fixtures I found that were pretty cheap BUT look to be decent. Would they be enough light to use just one?

Amazon.com: TaoTronics Hot!/Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Lamb Grow Light 120W-provide light that have the same effect as natural sunlight and hence offers plants a very good growing habitat: Sunvalleytek

24 Dimmable 72watt Led aquarium light lighting fixture no controller | eBay

120 Watt Aquarium Coral Reef LED Grow Light 120W | eBay

let me know what you think. I'd like to get as much information as I can so I can decide if the tank is a GO or no go.

Thanks as usual everyone!

I was looking at that 120 Watt fixture as well..... someone (of course I forget who!) told me that it would work well on my 40 gallon which is almost 18" deep and 36" long. I found this one too, which he told me was overkill, but maybe for you it would work well....a little bit more expensive....
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Let me know if you go with either LED, I want to buy it, but I think I'm just going to replace my T5s until I upgrade my tank.....

Cary have the same size tank 24x23x31 high and I replaced my nova 6bulb t5ho with 2 of the marineland reef led lighting and love it not an expert but the light is deff much brighter in the tank now and the colors and shimmer is awesome and best of all NO FANS !!!! Yes very expensive because u need 2 $500 but love it 0 heat !!

Back
Top Bottom