Another stocking post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about kribs are they fine for a 20L x 12W x 12H tank. This size tank seems to be hard to figure out a stocking list for.

It looks awesome. Truthfully, I am not sure if that is enough space for apistos or not. Some of the other people following this will be able to tell you better than me. I tend to think it would be ok, but don't quote me on that.

Ok. Yeah, I just to measure my 10g tank and figured that out. So, I am going to retract my guess about apistso working. I would not recommend them for that set-up. I guess the numbers seemed bigger until I was actually looking at my 10g tank. Sorry about that. Also, I definitly say no to kribs.
It does similar to stocking a 10g. The tiny corys you were thinking about before would still be good, just not as many. Do you still like the idea of small bottom feeders, or do you want something different? Shellies? Small gourami? killifish? Embers or some other nano schooler?

I agree, maybe your original idea for cories along with some nano fish? Scarlet badis are some really impressive looking small fish you could add.

Depends on the killi. Some do well in pairs, some need more friends. Do you know yet what kind you are looking at?

No not sure. I am not even sure I want killies because of how hard they are to find. It was an idea I was entertaining.

I don't know what I want in this tank. I think I have decided on something and then I think of something else I might like.

Well I filled the 12 gallon tank up this morning to leak test it and after about an hour the bottom shattered. I guess it couldn't take the pressure. But on the plus side I went out to the garage and dug out my old 30 gallon tank I will need to reseal it. Now that opens a whole new set of stocking options.

Bummer about the new tank, but awesome news about the old one! That definitely opens up some options for stocking!

Yea I know. Now to figure out what equipment to get for this tank. I am thinking about using a canister filter on this tank. I have never used them before I have always used HOB's.
I will have to build a hood for it because I don't have one. I already have a stand. I built a stand for this tank years ago when I had it set up for JD's.

Back
Top Bottom