Anthias as a single fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anthias are always seen in pairs or more, as are clowns, but I was wondering if they can thrive being kept as a single fish?

What would the smallest tank a single anthia could live in?....Im sure I could keep one alive in a 10 gal but I want to be humane here. Maybe 40 gallons?

I have a 37 gal aga with a pair of balck percs that are doing great, and a few corals here and there. I have been pondering my stocking list, and a sixline wrasse and maybe a firefish or two would be the next additions. I have been looking at some smaller anthias for a while and simply am pondering the possibilites.

Also, which species would be better suited to this lifesytle?

TIA

Billy

Have you done any independent research yet? Do you have any particular species in mind?

I have been looking at a single lyretail or a pair of resplendent, or a single mail, I know that species is smaller, but if they are too big or to agrressive as a pair, I would keep just a male.

Live Aquaria says the resplendent can be kept in a 25 gal as a single fish.

Are they aggressive?

lyretail are out, your tank is too small. If you are going to go with liveaquaria recommendations, it says the resplendent is peaceful.

Yeah, I figured that.

I dont go by their advice, I post here :lol:

This will be in the future, I dont rush into anything. I think a single resplendent will be the best option.

Back
Top Bottom