Anubias Barteri

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Guys,

I have a 15 g tank with a LED 6500k, but I don’t know its lumen. I am wondering if it is enough for my tank. Is it?

Also, I bought my Anubias, it came on a cup and tried to plant on my substrate. But I’m not sure if it’s the best way.

I notice there is a kind of filter between its roots. Should I remove these material and leave only the roots?

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

Anubias is a low light requiring plant so your light should be fine.

You should take the plant out of the cup, carefully remove the rockwool (the filter you mention). You can plant anubias in the substrate if you wish, but make sure to only plant the roots, not the rhizome or the plant will likely rot. The rhizome is the piece that all the leafs attach to. Alternatively you can tie or glue the plant to a piece of rock, driftwood or other decoration. I personally glue rhizome plants to small bits of rock to weight them down. Look for cyanoacrylate on the label, i know loctite and gorilla glue is this type. Make sure it is properly set before putting it into the aquarium (say 30 minutes).

Back
Top Bottom