Anubias Congenisis help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to get a couple plants for my new 30 gallon tank. I saw some anubias Congenisis at my local fish store and it looked perfect. The only thing is, I don't know how to plant it. The one at the store comes in a pot, so would I need to remove it from the pot carefully and then tie the plant to a rock, or leave it? Is it also OK to plant in the substrate? (I know not to bury the rhizome) and how would I propagate it?

Take the Anubias out of the plastic pot. Pull as much of the potting floss off the plant as possible. Don't plant it in the substrate, tie it onto a rock or piece of driftwood.
I've never tied them, always wedged the plant between rocks or found a split in the driftwood to anchor the Anubias to. It looks a lot more natural that way. Good luck:)

I had an experienced Anubias grower tell me to hold down with rocks and the roots would take hold. I am currently trying that method. I have attached some to driftwood with fishline. Check youtube for all kinds of ideas including "superglue." I have not tried that method but it seems some people have had success with gluing the plant to rocks and driftwood.

Just don't plant the rhizome . you an actually plant the roots but it is not needed. as stated before, tie it to a rock,wood or even a deco.

Back
Top Bottom