Anubias nana bloomed! Who knew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelWings

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had the strangest shoot coming off of my anubias nana. Much taller than the normal leaf shoot. Today it opened and it's a flower. Who knew they flowered? I sure didn't. But I'm doing a happy dance because it's so cute.

Smacking my head now because I didn't think to get a picture to share before lights went out for the day.

Tomorrow. :)

Nana's actually bloom with some regularity if they are happy, so yours must be happy. Here's a picture of one of mine in bloom right now...

Attachments

• tank 10.jpg
    tank 10.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 94
Mine just bloomed too. The question is how long do you wait before you trim the flower back?

Thanks for the picture Rivercat! How often does your bloom?

I've never counted but seems maybe every 4ish months or so. I have 4 of them in the big tank and some in other tanks. Seems likeI get the most frequent blooms in the 220 but that is the only tank that gets daily ferts too.

Mine just bloomed too. The question is how long do you wait before you trim the flower back?

I have another flower in the same tank that's been there maybe 5 weeks now. They start out white, then in 3ish weeks the flower turns green and I leave it until it visably starts to look bad. Then I snip it off as close to the base asI can.

Don't you just love them, they brighten the whole tank tank with their little spot of white.

Yup, for sure! I'm just glad it's happy. I started dosing PPS Pro two weeks ago, and the bud shot out immediately. I'm taking it as a sign of success.

Back
Top Bottom